Sunday, November 06, 2005

Adriane is going to India!

If you have been in Indy's Latin dancing community for some time, you would have seen or met Adriane. I first saw Adriane at a salsa party hosted by Sylvain. Her jet black hair, style and warm smile got my attention. I cannot recall if I asked for a dance that night; during that time my dance partner and girlfriend was Erin and I spent most of the night dancing with her. A couple of months later Erin and I broke up; we tried to remain as dance partners, but that too shortly ended. One night at the Blue Cactus, I was dancing with Adriane she told me, "I like your style and I have a proposition for you and it is not sex!". If it was not sex, what could be? Oh wait - there is this dancing thing that we both like to do. Adriane and I became dance partners, and she introduced me to trick patterns like neckdrops and flips. We practiced every week in a racquetball court at the Indy Gym. We would dance together at various salsa venues and demo our tricks on the dance floor. I cannot find the words to describe the excitement of performing eye catching dips and flips. There is a bond that is developed between dance partners that is more than a friendship, but not as serious as a relationship.

Back to the topic of this blog - Adriane will be heading to India soon. While not a permanent move, she will be away from Indy for at least a year or more. She is about to embark on another chapter in her life and I would personally like to wish her the best. I will miss you; in the last few months will have drifted away from each other as dance partners because of my demand of running the dance studio and your recent marriage to Salvador. If you do not fall in love with India and decide to come back to Indy, you will be welcomed back and perhaps we can bring the fire and excitement we had back to the dance floor.

'As I take your hand and I'll lead you to the dance floor' - Careless Whispers (Salsa Re-mix, On Fire)

Category: [IndySalsero-news]