Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Salsa on So You Think You Can Dance

While I enjoy watching Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance. I have only seen a handful of shows. The main reason is because the show is aired on Wednesday night, the same night I go dancing at the Red Room. So I have the choice of either watching people dance or I can do it myself, which for me is a no brainier. Yesterday night I was cruising on YouTube for salsa clips and I came across a salsa performance from the show. Surprisingly I did catch this episode on TV, and was happy to see that someone posted it on YouTube. The routine was not mind blowing, but was very fun to watch (nice lift). As a bonus, the clip includes the judge’s take on the performance which was all thumbs up!

It is great to see mainstream media taking an interested in social and ballroom dancing (especially salsa). Hopefully this encourages more people to give social dancing a try.